One thing that’s mostly absent from our very own Indian romantic and emotional drama movies is, logic. Repeated dialogues, plots and even situations. The shit gets real when most of us think that the situations and a character’s response to it are the ideal responses. Many couple fight because of these situations mostly fed to our brains by these romantic drama movies. Here are 10 ways Indian movies challenge our emotions.
1. You fall in love only once. Huh! Not true, my friend.
2. You can get married to a friend. Ewww! No way.
3. All your trips with friends must include your girl/boy. To hell with the idea of chilling with your own friends. This is one reason why most couples have started to fight because they think what movies show are ideal ways to have a relationship.
4. If a man goes for a business trip, he WILL end up befriending the girl sitting next to him in the flight. Do movie makers know how much everyone is worried and insecure about their partners finding a firangi girlfriend or hooking up with a fellow traveler!
5. The eldest daughter/son will go beyond limits to protect their family and will not even say an “ouch” or share their problems. Ouch!
6. If there are twins, one is always good adarsh beta and the other is always an evil turd. Seriously!?
7. A sanskari daughter/son can marry any man/woman their parents tell them to. Like there is nothing in the world known as her/his dreams and will.
8. When she says no, she actually means yes. God! Why do we have to repeat what we want to say!
9. One can definitely fall in love the person they hate. Darn it!
10. One never gets over one’s first love. Yes, I didn’t! :/