Your Windows PC has a number of shortcuts that you can make use of these shortcuts to open apps, settings, explorer, task manager, and many more, you can even open websites. For those of you who are frequently visiting a website, you can double-click a shortcut on your desktop and open the specific website. This guide will show you how to open websites using a keyboard shortcut in Windows 11. Take a look.
How to open websites using a keyboard shortcut in Windows 11
All you need to do is follow a few steps to create a keyboard shortcut and use it to open a specific website. Before you do, the first thing you have to do is open the website that you want the shortcut for.
- Step 1: Launch the Browser (Chrome or any other) and visit your website.
- Step 2: Press CTRL + D or Press the Star button on the right side of the address bar to add a Bookmark.
- Step 3: Click Add Bookmark which will add the bookmark to the browser.
- Step 4: Click and drag the bookmark from your browser to your desktop to create a desktop shortcut.
- Step 5: Once you have the shortcut to the desktop, right-click on it and select Properties. Alternatively, select the desktop shortcut and press ALT + Enter.
- Step 6: Click the Shortcut text box, and then press the keyboard keys you would like to assign as the shortcut to the website. Do know that, CTRL + ALT will always be added to the shortcut. Just press B or any other alphabet key, the shortcut will be CTRL + ALT + B or CTRL + ALT + (your key).
- Step 7: Click Apply and click OK to close the window.
Now press the keyboard shortcut when you are on the desktop screen, the website will open in the default browser on your Windows PC. That’s all, this is how you create a keyboard shortcut and use it to open a specific website. This method also applies to the shortcuts already available on the desktop and new shortcuts that are being created, you just need to assign a keyboard shortcut.
For more guides and tutorials related to Windows, head to the links below.