Are you searching for a specific file or directory in Windows 11? By default, Windows 11 searches for items in the user directory i.e. Documents, Pictures, Music, and Desktop folders. But when you want to exclude a folder or directory from the search, Windows 11 lets you do that. You can easily hide folders from search results in Windows 11, here’s how.
How to hide folders from search results in Windows 11
While you search the required file or folder, Windows will show up the contents of the folder from the default directories and the items from the location that you are currently searching from. But when you don’t want to include some folders or a specific directory, you can exclude them from the search list. Follow these steps to hide folders from search results on your Windows PC.
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your Windows computer using the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + I or use the Windows Start button and click on the Settings gear icon.
- Step 2: Once the Settings window is open, click on Privacy & Security on the left sidebar.
- Step 3: Under the Windows Permissions section, click on Searching Windows.
- Step 4: Now, find the Add an excluded folder button under the Exclude folders from enhanced search section. Choose the folder you want to exclude, these folders won’t be included when searching the PC.
- Step 5: That’s it, you are done, now search the items that you are looking for and the folders that you have selected will be excluded.
Want more of these guides and tutorials? Here are some stuff related to Windows, see the links below.
- 4 ways to switch user accounts in Windows 11
- How to connect to a hidden Wi-Fi network on your Windows 10 PC
- How To Convert PNG To JPG On Windows 11 Using A Simple Trick
- How To Enable HDR In Windows 11
- How to transfer files from Windows to Mac using a browser
- How to change the Touch Keyboard size on Windows 11