Barbie has shed her fashionable clothes and has taken a hipster avatar! Poking fun at the so-called “hippie #igers” who talk about getting out, investing time on adventure, travel and portraying what they are not, SocalityBarbie ridicules the subculture. Looking good in any way is an important notion in the minds of adventurous #igers who take pictures in the same way, do similar things and even have similar sounding captions.
The anonymous creator of this funny account told Lost at e Minor: “I get it, it’s pretty to look at. But it’s so dishonest. Nobody actually lives like this. And it’s so overdone that it’s becoming boring”.
Inspiration? “People were all taking the same pictures in the same places and using the same captions. I couldn’t tell any of their pictures apart so I thought, ‘What better way to make my point than with a mass-produced doll?”
One has to look at the pictures and their captions in this parody account as they are completely hilarious. She has very well captured what we all do on Instagram and how we look when we do it. Get ready to laugh, this account is just killer!
1. “Waking up at 10am was so worth it to get that perfect light & fog.“
2. If you need me I’ll be spending the day relaxing in my hammock in the most absurd places.
3. “Humble enough to know I’m not better than anybody wise enough to know that I’m different from the rest”.
4. “Taking a relaxing bath and feeling SO #BLESSED . Thank you @wired @seventeen @nylonmag @hellogiggles @jonathan_merritt and many more for the features” ??
5. “I hope this picture of me in a Pendleton blanket inspires you to get out there and be better.”
6. “Listen to your art.” ?
7. “The 3 C’s in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the choice, to take a chance, to make a change. You know, like that Kelly Clarkson song.” ?
8. “I didn’t know where I was going until I got there.”
9. Grabbing some coffee at my favorite spot (@coavacoffee ) before I head out for more adventures. (Don’t worry, picture of me with cup of coffee & latte art will be posted soon)
10. “Wherever you are, be all there”… But take a picture first though.
11. “You guys, this bridge! I don’t think anyone has grammed it yet!”
12. “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.”
13. “The mountains are calling to me.” ?
14. “Stand up for what you believe in even if you’re standing alone.”
15. “Also, I’m totally on the cover of Kinfolk. Almost forgot to point that out, probably because I’m so humble.”
16. “That old saying: “don’t go chasing waterfalls” “
17. “How to Live Authentic: Chapter 3. How to wear a blanket. Weather you’re on a mountain top or in the middle of the desert chapter 3 will tell you how to wear your @sackclothxashes & @pendletonwm blanket the authentic way.”
18. “Choosing the right VSCO filter is SO important to the story you’re trying to tell.”
Did you see yourself in the hipster Barbie? We did too! Isn’t she brilliant?
Sourced from Instagram.com/socalitybarbie/