Internships can either make you or break you- says all the colleges and educational institutions. But what do interns have to say about internship programs? Read on to know more.
1. You got to agree to work at ‘no salary’. Additionally, you will not even get paid for the auto-rickshaw fare. If your employer is ready to give you 3K, that’s actually a lot! Grab the opportunity.
2. You will master the art of making coffee. Beat- beat-beat the damn sugar and coffee.
3. You will gain a lot of knowledge about all the nearest tapris and cigarette stalls.
4. Thanks to the office peons! You will develop tremendous team building skills for they will teach you how to prepare what sort of coffee and will work as a team with you.
5. You will have the pleasure to be the unpaid slave of a big company.
6. You will become a personal assistant to your mentor. Making his reports and statistics will be a part of your job too.
7. If you intern in an ad firm, you will be asked to bring chai and Google various creative strategies so you can share them with your mentor and he could decide on an idea over another cups of tea for you two.
8. You will be the company’s official jumping jack for you will never find it easy to stick to your chair.
9. Whatever good work you will do, you will never get the credit for the good work you will do.
10. You will be the office’s go-to guy to bring the stationary, shred paper, get xerox copies, cleaning and re-arranging work stations or office book shelves, etc.
11. You will sometimes be assigned to do a bit of research work by your mentor just because he thought you should learn something different on a day.
12. You will be assigned the tasks of making phone calls and ordering food.
13. You will also have the chance of sitting idle because your mentor is too busy meeting his/her deadlines.
14. Though at the end of your internship, always be ready to have the best internship experience letter for learning nothing but the usual coffee, Google and bringing the tea job. :P
Agree with us? Share this funny post with all your friends who sometime in their lives have interned or will intern somewhere soon.
Got something to add to this list? Shoot in the comments section below.